Living in the mission field!!
Adam is the missionary leader and it has been an amazing experience for our whole family. I could not have dreamed of the experience we would have had here. We have the missionaries over every week and Olivia loves to see them. I feel like I have the spirit of missionary work more than I ever have before. The missionaries came upon Mickey Maloney and said hi to her in her apartment complex. Little did they know, but Mickey was a recent widow, she lost her husband only 2-3 months prior to a long battle of cancer. She had been struggling to find peace and strength, especially because she had a little 10 yr old to raise and upbring. They then knocked on her door and from then on, she was what they called a "golden investigator." I met her while she was getting the discussions and I was touched so deeply by her strong testimony of Christ and her willingness to follow what God had planned for her. She stopped smoking without a hesitance, she obeyed the word of wisdom, she read the scriptures. And before we knew it she was ready to get baptized with her daughter Rose. I will remember their sweet baptism forever!!! There was such a sweet spirit there:)
Earlier in the day the missionaries let us know that the font was dirty, so Olivia and I had the great opportunity to clean the font. Olivia asked about baptism and I felt like this day brought much teaching to her. She is great friends with Rose and it was amazing to see her kneel up by the glass and watch her dear friend Rose get baptized. After we cleaned it before the baptism, we were going home to get ready and she got all sad. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "But Mom, I want to get baptized" It was so sweet and I hope she remembers how special that day was.
Since that day Mickey and Rose have become our dear friends. I call her my "Oregon Mom" and I will be sad to not see them as much when we move.












No comments:
Post a Comment