The Welch Family

The Welch Family

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Graduation, Concerts and FREEDOM

(Adam)The light at the end of the tunnel arrived after 5 intense years for Becca this past weekend, as she walked with her Cap 'n Gown for graduation. It's been exhilarating for her to finally be done, especially after taking on 2 separate disciplines (Nursing & Music). Its been quite amazing to see her juggle various concerts, gigs, exams, study groups, hosptial orientations, nursing intense courses, recitals...while throwing me in the mix. Needless to say, I'm the happiest camper around now that she's finished!(Bec)Thanks to all the family who supported me through the last 5 years. I feel like I have been in school forever, but it has been well worth it. Everyone has listened to me talk about the hard tests, classes and clinicals I had to go through. Because of everyone's support I walked with my BS in music and AS in Nursing. I am excited for what lies ahead in my life, I look forward to facing life tests, instead of testing center exams.

5 comments:

Jeff and Chelsi Pulley Family said...

I'm guessing that is you soloing with the symphony. You look like a queen! Hope it went well. I wish I could have heard you live. We sure miss you guys! Love ya. Congrats on graduating. You are an overachiever for sure. I admire you.

Jordan and Danny said...

Congrats again! It was so fun to see you at graduation. hope everything is still going well!

Becker said...

Congrats, Bec! You're livin' the dream, girl. I've always been impressed by how it doesn't seem to matter to you that something is hard---you will get what you want out of life no matter what it takes. You're an example, and a good friend. Best of luck and keep us posted about coming down to Vegas. We'd love to see you guys!

Taralyn said...

Congrats Grad! Wish we were there for all the festivities and week of concerts!

Monica said...

Congratulations, Becca! You look so beautiful in the pictures and I cannot believe that you did a double major in music and nursing. What an accomplishment!