We had a special Blessing day today for Brigham's cousin Zoey. We had talked through the pregnancy how fun it was going to have both Zoey and Brigham close in age. We all looked forward to when they would play together, but after the news about Brigham things changed. It was so hard to know our little boy couldn't play together with his cousin. Things progressed and he was born and it even got more real knowing he would not have the chance to be here on earth. So today little Zoey was blessed and even though we love Zoey dearly, it reminded us so much of Brigham and what we are missing out on and will miss out in the future. But just how Brigham has been helping us along the way, he knew it would be hard for us and was there ready to help us. During the sweet blessing Aaron Blessed that her sweet Cousin would be helping her along her life. I know that more than anything, I know that he was in that meeting and that sweet Zoey could see and feel Brigham there.
After Zoey was blessed grandma was holding her next to me and asked me if I wanted to hold her. I said yes and the moment I felt that sweet girl in my arms, I felt such peace. She looked right in my eyes and started trying to talk, I truly felt like she was trying to tell us that all will be okay, that Brigham is happy and doing well and will stay with us throughout our lives. She started smiling and staring straight in my eyes and I could just feel the love that Brigham has for both of us. She then looked up and almost behind so that she could connect with Adam's eyes and started doing the same thing. There is no doubt in my mind that she is close to Brigham, she can see him and is trying to send his love he has for us through her sweet self. Here is a letter to sweet Zoey---
Zoey,
I know that you will bless my life. I know you will help me in ways you don't understand. I know that is was not by accident you made it here on earth and Brigham's life was short and needed to go back to Heavenly Father so soon. You have already blessed my life by letting me hold you and feel your sweet spirit. At times the pain of not having Brigham here is too hard to bare, but holding your sweet little body has comforted me more than you will ever know.
You are only 3 weeks older than your sweet cousin Brigham. We were so excited when we found out your mom was pregnant with you and so excited that Brigham was following in your footsteps. You were a mover in your mom's belly just like Brigham. He would do flips over and over again in my belly:) Zoey, Live your life to make Brigham proud. Know that I love you with all my heart and that I will always be here for you in anyway, & Brigham is on the other side helping us both as well, Forever on Team Briggs!!
Love your Aunty Becca xoxoxoxox
No comments:
Post a Comment